The Forest Activities Showcase Project is a not for profit organisation that aims to showcase many of the activities that both visitors and residents can enjoy in the Forest of Dean by holding a Forest Activities Festival.
The objectives for which the committee have been established are:
- To support the tourism sector of the local economy by providing the opportunity for local businesses to promote themselves to the local community and visitors within a ‘Showcase’ environment.
- To promote quality and raise the profile of the Forest of Dean District as a centre for excellence in Tourism.
- To encourage local purchasing and increase knowledge of local facilities.
- To increase the number of early season visitors to the Forest of Dean.
- To provide networking opportunities for local businesses
The first Forest Activities Festival was held in The Speech House Hotel grounds, Nr Coleford in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire in April 2014.
It was so well supported & successful that we are aiming to make it an annual event.
The Festival is organised by Amanda Smith & the Forest Showcase team on behalf of the management committee. email@example.com